Monday, March 8, 2010

The Red Side Table

I got this beauty from the Thrift store here on post. I looked at it for a really long time, trying to envision what I would do with it. The wood color it had was a really nice color, but it cried out for a little more flare, so this is what I did.


I sprayed it with Krylon gray primer, which allows you to paint right over the existing wood finish without having to sand it all down. Yeah!!!

Then I sprayed it will Krylons Red Cherry color.

I still wanted to do a little more, so I tried distressing it and then glazing it...yea, let's just say it did NOT work. SOOOOO I painted it AGAIN! Except this time I painted it a Burgundy color. I loved it, but I still wanted to try glazing something, so I did. I'm still not sure if I did alright. In some lights (flashes of the camera) I can see plenty of spots that don't look right, but then in others it looks great! Let me know what you think!

I'm linking up the the CSI project!


Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

Tina said...

Wow Stephanie. What a talent. I know you said it was your hobby, but you are so talented. This red table looks amazing. I called Jer in and he was like that looks really nice. Good Job! It's beautiful. Be careful! People are going to start requesting items, and you will have to open up a store. I can't wait to see more projects and see how you fix all the owees on the furniture. Amazing! Love it.
I also love your new blog. I love the title the layout. I love the color. Awesome. Good Job!

Sylwia said...

Cute!! that looks great!